New Year's in Prague: Budapest, Vienna & Prague10 Days • 4 Cities New Year's in Prague: Budapest, Vienna & Prague
Head back to once upon a time, when World Wars turned Cold and created a counterculture to tear the Iron Curtain. Indulge the senses at the epicenter of melody-making maestros, and trek revolutionary roads to explore storybook architecture. This is a journey to taste the world’s best beers, learn about life way back when and behold the beauty of a new generation that rose above turmoil.
What are the top highlights?
- Count down to the new year in Prague
- Visit seven UNESCO World Heritage Sites
- Party in Budapest’s eclectic ruin bar scene
- Experience Classical music in classical Vienna
- Discover the fairytale magic of Prague’s Old Town
- Wash down hearty Bohemian food with an authentic Pilsner. Or three
- Check out the eerie Bone Church in Kutná Hora
- Wander off the beaten path in scenic Ceský Krumlov
Your trip includes
- Round-trip flights & airport transfers
- Multilingual Tour Director & local guides
- Private deluxe motorcoach
- 8 nights in hand-picked accommodations
- Welcome Mixer with appetizers & drinks
- Daily breakfast & three-course Farewell Dinner
- Metro passes in each city
- Entrance to Schönbrunn Palace, St. Vitus Cathedral & other select attractions
You’ll stay at accommodations hand-picked by our team of local experts, in rooms only for EF Ultimate Break travelers. Each property is located in a safe, convenient area. You’ll receive your exact accommodations 30 days before your trip departs.
Click **here **for examples of where you'll stay.
Admit it, booking flights is the worst. Here's why you should let us do it for you:
- Flight costs are included in your monthly payment plan, so you can pay over time
- Airport transfers are included, so we’ll be waiting, sign in hand
- Flights are booked with major airlines
- 24/7 support no matter what time zone you’re in
- One checked bag included on most flights
- Option to make changes to your trip up to 99 days before departure
Booking with a friend? Let us know and we’ll do our best to make sure you’re on the same flight. Still want to book your own flights? That’s cool, simply select ‘No flights included’ instead of your departure city in the ‘Flights from’ dropdown.
Day 1: Overnight Flight
Board your overnight flight to Prague, the capital of the Czech Republic, and the capital of the dumpling republic…that’s a thing, right?
Day 2: Arrive in Prague + Welcome Mixer
Welcome to Prague! The roofs are orange, the buildings are old, and the beer is cold and plentiful. Prague really glowed up in Medieval times and said “no thanks, I’m good” when people suggested new buildings. As a result, everything here is stunningly picturesque, historic, and maybe a little spooky. You’re gonna love it.
- Meet an EF representative at the airport.
- Transfer to your accommodation and check in.
- Receive the latest schedule from your Tour Director.
- Meet your fellow travelers as they arrive.
In the evening, it’s time for your Welcome Mixer. Enjoy appetizers and drinks with fellow travelers at an authentic local spot. Afterwards, take the party elsewhere.
Day 3: Explore Prague + New Year’s Eve Celebration
Rise and shine, time to get that goulash. Put on your most cobblestone-ready shoes, get all the “Czech” puns out of your system, and experience classic Prague sightseeing today with a local guide—an expert who really knows their old buildings from their very old buildings.
- Get stoked and stay stoked—a very easy thing to do in Prague—as you follow a local guide around the city’s greatest hits.
- Ask to see the Crown Jewels at Prague Castle, the ancient centerpiece that hogs the whole city skyline (not mad though, it’s beautiful).
- Cross the Vlatava River via King Charles IV’s famous Charles Bridge—don’t worry, there’s still time for you to become an emperor and have your own namesake bridge, too.
- Tour St. Vitus Cathedral—a church so old, that if you had one beer for every year since construction began on it, you would have 676 beers, but please do not actually attempt to drink 676 beers.
- Count down to New Year’s in style—with dinner, drinks, and a toast at midnight. Then, keep the party going as late as you want.
Day 4: Free Day in Prague
If you wake up this morning asking yourself “Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy?” it’s probably because 1) “Bohemian Rhapsody” is a great song, 2) you’re in Bohemia, a region of the Czech Republic, and 3) Prague has you feeling some type of way. You’re free today to get to know the city better, maybe take it out for dinner and dancing, or ask it some deep questions about life—whatever floats your boat.
- Get out there and see that one thing your friend who visited here raved about, or ask your Tour Director for their free time recommendations.
- Give three cheers for Czech beers and join in on an optional beer tasting and Bohemian feast.
- Find out that the best thing associated with chimneys isn’t Santa, it’s Prague’s to-die-for chimney cakes.
- Talk astrology with the Prague Astronomical Clock—the 600+ year old timepiece in the Old Town Square also keeps track of current Zodiac symbols.
Free Time Suggestions
John Lennon Wall: The John Lennon Wall has been a statement of peace, kindness, and tasteful selfies for over 30 years. What started as a protest to Communist rule in the 1980s, has become a colorful conglomerate of pacifist sentiments that you’re welcome to add to yourself. Hmm, Rolling Stones fans, I don’t see a Mick Jagger Wall anywhere, do you?
Petrín Park: Take a stroll through Prague’s Petrín Park (you can’t miss it, it’s the giant hill looming over the city), visit the Hunger Wall built during a famine in the 1300s in exchange for food, then take the Petrín funicular train down the hill into the historic Malá Strana neighborhood for some shopping on Mostecká Street.
Day 5: Travel to Ceský Krumlov via Kutná Hora
After a morning in Prague, board your private coach for a transfer to Ceský Krumlov via storybook scenic Kutná Hora.
- Keep feeling the magic with a free morning in Prague
- See the infamous “Bone Church” in Kutná Hora
- Arrive in Ceský Krumlov, and have the evening free to do as you wish.
Day 6: Travel to Vienna via Krems
Continue along the European countryside as you travel to Vienna, Austria via Krems.
- Take a break from Ceský Krumlov with a visit to Krems, a quaint Austrian town in the Wachau Valley.
- Tour a local vineyard and taste wine from the region.
- Arrive in Vienna, take a quick walk with your Tour Director, then enjoy an evening in the City of Dreams.
Day 7: Sightseeing Tour of Vienna
Ahh, Vienna, the home of Classical creators and world-class classiness. This Austrian city is full of grand operas, grandiose architecture, and gardens so pristine, you'll wonder how its visitors are so well-behaved. Today, you'll get to know Vienna in-depth with a local guide.
- Meet your local guide for a sightseeing tour of Vienna
- Visit the lavish palaces, parks and parliament buildings
- Learn about the major and minor figures who struck a personal chord with this city
Day 8: Travel to Budapest via Bratislava
Marvel at the European landscape as you drive along a canvas of castles, farmlands, villages and mountains on your way to Budapest.
- Stop in Slovakia’s capital city, Bratislava, for lunch and photos of the city’s castle.
- Arrive in Budapest, check into your accommodation, and take a walk around the city to get your bearings.
Day 9: Explore Budapest + Farewell Dinner
See Budapest’s highlights and major landmarks, including Pest on the west bank of the river. Learn about the stormy history of this independent nation on your stop at Heroes’ Square. Cross the Danube and arrive in Buda, where you will climb the imposing Castle Hill. Since its completion in 1265, Buda Castle has witnessed several invasions and reconstructions. Later, you’ll visit the medieval Matthias Church, located in the heart of the Castle District.
Share some last laughs (and maybe shed a few tears) at an included farewell dinner with the group.
Day 10: Fly Home
Translation: Goodbye, friends. Your next destination awaits—home. Before you head to the airport, enjoy your last few moments together. Take one more group photo. Grab that final drink. (Fine, maybe a couple of drinks.) But this isn’t goodbye. It’s “See you later.” The only question is, where?
EXTEND YOUR TRIP 2 WAYS
1. Double the fun
A lot of our trips line up back to back! Give us a call—we can help you add another and save big while you're at it.
2. Go ahead or stay behind
Extending your trip is easy! During checkout, you'll have the option to fly to (or from) the gateway of your choice for an additional fee. We'll adjust your flights accordingly, but you'll be responsible to take care of your transportation, hotels, and other logistics outside of tour.
Note: Depending on your desired gateways, additional fees may apply.
No reviews (yet) for this awesome trip