Iceland is so hot right now (figuratively speaking, of course). Travelers are flocking here thanks to its Instagram-worthy landscapes, eco-friendly attitude, and escape from the everyday. On this trip you’ll discover geysers, explore glaciers, and experience a place that feels as pure as it was 1,000 years ago.
What are the top highlights?
- Travel around the Golden Circle, stopping at the Great Geysir, Thingvellir National Park, and Gulfoss
- Discover what makes the Blue Lagoon so blue (hint: not Smurf related)
- Walk along the black sand beach in Vík
- Search for rainbows and gold behind Skogafoss waterfall
- Try traditional Icelandic food like fermented shark or sheep’s head (or don’t)
- Experience the vibrant art and music scene in Reykjavík city
Your trip includes
- Round-trip flights & airport transfers
- Multilingual Tour Director & local guides
- Private deluxe motorcoach
- 4 nights in hand-picked accommodations
- Welcome Dinner
- Daily breakfast & three-course Farewell Dinner
- Guided sightseeing
- Entrance to select attractions
You’ll stay at accommodations hand-picked by our team of local experts, in rooms only for EF Ultimate Break travelers. Each property is located in a safe, convenient area. You’ll receive your exact accommodations 30 days before your trip departs.
Click **here **for examples of where you'll stay.
Admit it, booking flights is the worst. Here's why you should let us do it for you:
- Flight costs are included in your monthly payment plan, so you can pay over time
- Airport transfers are included, so we’ll be waiting, sign in hand
- Flights are booked with major airlines
- 24/7 support no matter what time zone you’re in
- One checked bag included on most flights
- Option to make changes to your trip up to 99 days before departure
Booking with a friend? Let us know and we’ll do our best to make sure you’re on the same flight. Still want to book your own flights? That’s cool, simply select ‘No flights included’ instead of your departure city in the ‘Flights from’ dropdown.
Day 1: Overnight Flight
Board your overnight flight, bound for Iceland. Sit back, relax, and learn how to say ‘vaðlaheiðarvegavinnuverkfærageymsluskúraútidyralyklakippuhringur’, the longest word in Icelandic.
Day 2: Arrive in Reykjavík & Welcome Dinner
Welcome to Iceland, the "Land of Fire and Ice", and home to active volcanoes, striking glaciers, and really tiny horses (but don’t call them ponies).
- Meet an EF representative at the airport.
- Transfer to your accommodations and check in.
- Receive the latest schedule from your Tour Director.
- Meet your local guide for a walking tour during which you’ll get oriented to the city center in Reykjavík.
- Walk through the old town and check out Hofdi House, a beautiful building in northern Reykjavík that is allegedly (definitely) occupied by a ghost.
In the evening, it’s time for your Welcome Dinner. Enjoy local cuisine with fellow travelers and a local guide at an authentic spot. Afterwards, take the party elsewhere.
Free Time Suggestions
Go Carnivore: Grab a dog with everything on it at the Bæjarins Beztu Pylsur hot dog stand for a true taste of Iceland.
Micro-Manage: For the best craft beer in the city, look no further than Micro Bar, with 5-10 Icelandic beers always on draft.
Day 3: A Golden Experience
Travel the Golden Circle, a route that hits Iceland’s most magnificent natural wonders. Is there a waterfall? Yep. Geysers? Multiple. The meeting point of continental plates? Of course.
- Walk between two continents at Thingvellir National Park, the boundary between the North American and the Eurasian tectonic plates.
- Visit the original site of the Althing, Iceland's national parliament that was founded in 930.
- Explore the Great Geysir Geothermal Area, and watch the Great Strokkur geyser erupt like Diet Coke and Mentos.
- Discover Gullfoss, better known as the "Golden Waterfall,” a natural wonder and one of the most powerful waterfalls in Europe.
Day 4: Explore the South Coast
Set your sights to the south coast, a lowland region of lush farmland, striking waterfalls, beaches, glaciers, and picturesque villages.
- Find out what’s really on the other side of a waterfall by actually standing behind the powerful Seljalandsfoss waterfall.
- Stick your feet in the black sand at Reynisfjara Beach.
- Grab some gold from behind Skogafoss waterfall (according to legend, a Viking settler left some here around the year 900).
- View the Eyjafjallajökull volcano, which erupts once every few hundred years. Don’t worry—it erupted in 2010.
Day 5: Enter the Blue Lagoon
Get ready to feel relaxed, refreshed, and rejuvenated at the famous Blue Lagoon geothermal spa. Then, cross off any remaining Iceland bucket list items you may have. Can you do it? Of course you can. You can do anything!
- Float weightlessly in the warm, light-blue waters.
- Remember to bring cucumbers for when you lather on a silica mud mask.
- Sweat it out with friends in the sauna or steam rooms.
- Kick back and take in the view from the relaxation area.
Day 6: Fly Home
Translation: Goodbye, friends. Your next destination awaits—home. Before you head to the airport, enjoy your last few moments together. Take one more group photo. Grab that final drink. (Fine, maybe a couple of drinks.) But this isn’t goodbye. It’s “See you later.” The only question is, where?
EXTEND YOUR TRIP 2 WAYS
1. Double the fun
A lot of our trips line up back to back! Give us a call—we can help you add another and save big while you're at it.
2. Go ahead or stay behind
Extending your trip is easy! During checkout, you'll have the option to fly to (or from) the gateway of your choice for an additional fee. We'll adjust your flights accordingly, but you'll be responsible to take care of your transportation, hotels, and other logistics outside of tour.
Note: Depending on your desired gateways, additional fees may apply.
Winter Escape Magic
Traveled Feb 2020
I have been to some incredible places in my life and had some really cool tour guides as well but this whole experience was no less than magical. I even saw the Northern Lights on the flight to Iceland! This is a must for anyone who enjoys the outdoors and nature as a whole!
Too Many Laughs
Traveled Sep 2019
Iceland was my first EF trip solo. I've been traveling alone for awhile now and I find it peaceful. But this group I traveled with I could not stop laughing. We had a mix of ages from 18 to 29. Our tour guide Idunn was so nice and knowledgeable about Iceland. She was also very patient with us when we tried x15 to pronounce Icelandic words. I also arrived f... See more
Just book it
Traveled Jun 2021
Iceland was so wonderful!! It was an action packed trip and everything was great, from the city scene in Reykjavik to the many natural wonders. Our tour guide, David, was awesome. The Blue Lagoon is every bit as cool and Instagram-able as you'd think. It's still cold in June, so pack warm clothes and long socks. One slight criticism: the communication before... See more
Traveled Jun 2021
EF tools such good care of everyone on this trip. Being one of the first international trips after the quarantine requirement, a lot felt like it was up in air or could go wrong. But EF made sure none of that happened, their security/ safe travel protection and communication made things easy and comfortable. Beyond just that, the trio was amazing seeing MULT... See more