Greeks to Madrid, Ibiza & Barcelona
Everyone knows that Spain is a land where people eat dinner late at night and sleep during the day. But until you actually go and experience it for yourself you can’t know what it feels like to taste patatas bravas on chopitos on albóndigas on chorizo in Barcelona’s tapas bars, or to dance yourself clean to the intoxicating bass music in Ibiza’s legendary night clubs, or to experience some of the world’s finest art at Madrid’s famous museums. So lace up your eating shoes, put on your swankiest swim suit, and start rolling your “r’s.” You’re going to Spain.
What are the top highlights?
- Immerse yourself in Spanish culture, cuisine, and customs
- Fall in love with buildings (you didn't think that was possible, did you?)
- Dance the night away at beachside nightclubs in Barcelona
- Taste-test tapas and wash them down with a glass of cava (and more tapas)
- Color yourself awestruck by the kooky design of Barcelona’s Parque Güell
- Have your face melted by bass in Ibiza
- Visit world-class galleries at The Prado and Reina Sofia
Your trip includes
- Round-trip flights & airport transfers
- Multilingual Tour Director & local guides
- Private deluxe motorcoach
- 8 nights in hand-picked accommodations
- Welcome Mixer with appetizers & drinks
- Daily breakfast & three-course Farewell Dinner
- Metro passes in each major city
- Entrance to Parque Güell and other select attractions
You’ll stay at accommodations hand-picked by our team of local experts, in rooms only for EF Ultimate Break travelers. Each property is located in a safe, convenient area. You’ll receive your exact accommodations 30 days before your trip departs.
Click here for examples of where you'll stay.
Admit it, booking flights is the worst. Here's why you should let us do it for you:
- Flight costs are included in your monthly payment plan, so you can pay over time
- Airport transfers are included, so we’ll be waiting, sign in hand
- Flights are booked with major airlines
- 24/7 support no matter what time zone you’re in
- One checked bag included on most flights
- Option to make changes to your trip up to 99 days before departure
Booking with a friend? Let us know and we’ll do our best to make sure you’re on the same flight. Still want to book your own flights? That’s cool, simply select ‘No flights included’ instead of your departure city in the ‘Flights from’ dropdown.
Day 1: Overnight flight to Spain
Board your overnight flight, bound for Spain, where food and nightlife (and Felipe VI) are king. Cafes and restaurants line the streets of Madrid, which is good because Spanish tapas are must-try. And then try again. You know, for quality-testing purposes
Day 2: Arrive in Madrid
Welcome to Madrid! Spain’s capital is famous for its world-class art museums, live music scene, and never-ending nightlife. It seems people never sleep here (except for two hours after lunch). Madrid is a city that definitely knows how to relax and have fun. Get ready—your life is about to get loco.
- Meet an EF representative at the airport.
- Transfer to your accommodation and check in.
- Receive the latest schedule from your Tour Director.
- Meet your fellow travelers as they arrive.
In the evening, it’s time for your Welcome Mixer. Enjoy appetizers and drinks with fellow travelers at an authentic local spot. Afterwards, you’re free to take the party elsewhere!
Day 3: Sightseeing Tour of Madrid + Optional Royal Palace & Rooftops Excursion
A nearly endless amounts of tapas, sangria, and Spanish Golden Age architecture will greet you in this city located at the very center of Spain. Discover many of the most popular destinations before getting cultured at one of the world’s leading art museums. And remember, there’s always room for more tapas.
- Journey to the very heart of Madrid at the Puerta del Sol, aka the “Gate of the Sun.”
- Shop, walk, and enjoy the outdoors and a bronze statue of King Phillip III at Plaza Mayor (Main Square).
- Check out the Picassos and Dalís at the Reina Sofia, or see the works of the old Renaissance masters at the Prado.
Free Time Suggestions
El Retiro Park: Once belonging to the Spanish Monarchy, this now public park contains a variety of statues and museums, the famed Rosaleda rose garden, the Palacio de Cristal, and Retiro Pond—a great spot for watching people and street performers alike.
Malasaña Neighborhood: This happening area is known for a large student population and streets filled with coffee shops, bakeries, and vintage clothing stores. Then at night, edgy dance and rock clubs come to life so you can dance the night away.
Royal Palace & Rooftops(extra cost)
The Royal Family of Spain will see you now. Keep an eye out for a duke or duchess as you stroll the Palacio Real at your own leisure. Once you’ve had your fill of grand, gilded, and gorgeous in the palace, indulge your appetite with included tapas and a drink at an authentic nearby spot. Save room for #views though—the final stop on this magical evening in Madrid is a rooftop bar. We got you covered on your entrance fee and your next drink, but it’s up to you to take the most awe-inducing panoramic pics of the city skyline yourself.
Day 4: Travel to Ibiza
Wave goodbye to Madrid, stuff some tapas in your pockets for safe-keeping, and pop on your sunglasses. You’re headed to Ibiza! Where the sun is almost always shining, and the party literally never stops.
- Board your morning flight from Madrid to Ibiza.
- Arrive at your accommodation, and get ready for non-stop dancing, gorgeous beaches, and nightlife that is unrivaled.
- Get the lay of the land on a walking tour of the island—it’s kind of unfair that Ibiza got all of the beauty and all of the fun of the Balearic Island family.
- Keep an eye out for mermaids—legend has it that Ibiza is home to the mythological sirens that tried to lure Odysseus from his ship in Homer’s Odyssey.
Day 5: Free Day in Ibiza + Optional Catamaran Cruise
Enjoy a free day in Ibiza to explore the beaches, the old town, or choose to keep the party going on a luxury catamaran in Ibiza’s crystal-clear waters.
Ibiza Coast Catamaran Cruise(extra cost)
Today is all about reflection and book reading. Nah, just kidding, you didn’t really think you’d go all the way to Ibiza and not rent a party boat for the day, did you? Hop aboard to soak up the sun, sip some included sangria, and maybe even convince someone to feed you a giant bushel of grapes as you cruise around the gorgeous coastline of the island. After some free time to swim, dry off as you pillage and plunder the dance floor—on a boat, no less—like the Pirate of the Mediterranean that you are. Strap on your sea legs and set sail.
Why wait? Save money by booking this optional excursion before your trip departs.
Day 6: Free Day in Ibiza
Good morning, Ibiza! The settlers of this piece of paradise dedicated the island to the god of music and dance, so it’s only fitting that the island is now a hotspot for all DJ-, club-, and dance party-related things. Apart from being all about that bass, Ibiza is overflowing with vibrant nature. The island has 57 different beaches, and was named a UNESCO World Heritage Site for its top-of-the-line shores and sea life.
Free Time Suggestions:
Dalt Vila: Walk up to this grand fortress that sits above the town, filled with winding cobblestone streets and quaint charm that’ll have you stepping back into history.
Sunset drinks: When the sun goes down in Ibiza, Café del Mar and Mambo are the places to be. With a drink in hand and the sunset in front of you, it really doesn’t get better than this.
Day 7: Travel to Barcelona
You’re off to Barcelona, a city of endless parties, wacky architecture, and premium beaches—which also happen to be where the clubs are. So throw on your walking shoes, your party pants, and any shirt you’d like. Barcelona is the fiesta that keeps on fiesta…ing.
- Arrive in Barcelona and settle in to your accommodations.
- Join your Tour Director for a quick orientation walk of the surrounding sights.
Day 8: Tour Barcelona
Experience Barcelona’s unique architecture and atmosphere with a local guide as you wander the city’s enchanting streets. This historic city is home to nine UNESCO World Heritage Sites, seven of which were built by Gaudí (he’s kind of a big deal around here). Take in the impressive sites, and understand why Barcelona is the only city to receive a Royal Gold Medal for architecture—the buildings are basically art.
- Enter Park Güell, one of Antoni Gaudi’s greatest works of modernist art.
- Check out the progress on the Sagrada Familia cathedral, an unfinished project by Gaudí that began construction in 1882.
- Go for the gold at Olympic Park, the site of the 1992 Summer Olympics that offers spectacular views of the city.
Day 9: Enjoy a Free Day in Barcelona + Optional Montserrat Excursion
The day is yours to experience Barcelona as you please. Whether that means exploring a new neighborhood, lounging on a beach, or kicking back with some tapas and a pitcher of sangria, you really can’t go wrong.
Free Time Suggestions
Arc de Triomf: Built as the main entrance for the 1888 Barcelona World Fair, the intricate brickwork of this gate now leads to Ciutadella Park.
Castle Montjuïc: Gaze down on the Mediterranean from this old fortification that once guarded the harbor below and is named for the hill on which it sits.
Share some last laughs (and maybe shed a few tears) at an included farewell dinner with the group.
Montserrat & Cava Cellars(extra cost)
After a week of big cities, take a break and get a new perspective on Spain from way up in the mountains. Travel a mere hour out of town into the jagged and stunning Montserrat mountain range. Explore the 1,000-year old monastery and meet the monks who call this house in the clouds home. Afterwards, head to cava wine country have your prayers answered with a tour and tasting of the famed sparkling Spanish white wine in a traditional wine cellar. And the best part? You’ll be back in Barcelona with plenty of time for your Farewell Dinner and a night out.
Why wait? Save money by booking this optional excursion before your trip departs.
Day 10: Fly Home
Translation: Goodbye friends. Your next destination awaits—home. Before you head to the airport, enjoy your last few moments together. Take one more group photo. Grab that final drink. (Fine, maybe a couple of drinks.) But this isn’t goodbye. It’s “See you later.” The only question is, where?
– OR –
EXTEND YOUR TRIP 2 WAYS
1. Double the fun
A lot of our trips line up back to back! Give us a call—we can help you add another and save big while you're at it.
2. Go ahead or stay behind
Extending your trip is easy! During checkout, you'll have the option to fly to (or from) the gateway of your choice for an additional fee. We'll adjust your flights accordingly, but you'll be responsible to take care of your transportation, hotels, and other logistics outside of tour.
Note: Depending on your desired gateways, additional fees may apply.