Cruise Croatia: Split to Split12 Days • 7 Cities Cruise Croatia: Split to Split
For those who've wanted the best of Greece, Italy, and Eastern Europe all mish-mashed into one glorious place but haven't found it, we have good news. A paradise like that does exist—and it's called Croatia.
Spend eight days cruising along the Croatian coast aboard your private ship. By day, you’ll drift between isolated coves, picturesque villages, and stunning vistas. At night, opt to head ashore to the charming and historic towns that have long attracted the world’s jet-setters (and the Lannisters) to this part of the Adriatic Sea.
What are the top highlights?
- Spend a week cruising around the Croatian islands with new friends
- Float in the crystal-blue waters of the Adriatic Sea during daily swim breaks
- Hit beachside bars and world-renowned clubs in Hvar town
- Taste locally grown wine and freshly caught fish
- Witness history from Roman emperors to Renaissance artists
- Soak up the sun from the deck of your vessel as you sail from one island to another
- Experience a vast variety of beaches and quaint coves off the beaten path
Your trip includes
- Round-trip flights & airport transfers
- Multilingual Tour Director & local guides
- 7 nights aboard a private, fully staffed ship
- 2 nights in hand-picked accommodations
- Welcome Mixer with appetizers & drinks
- Daily breakfast & three-course lunch
- Farewell Dinner with beer or wine
- Entrance to select attractions
You’ll stay at accommodations hand-picked by our team of local experts, in rooms only for EF Ultimate Break travelers. Each property is located in a safe, convenient area. You’ll receive your exact accommodations 30 days before your trip departs.
Click **here **for examples of where you'll stay.
Admit it, booking flights is the worst. Here's why you should let us do it for you:
- Flight costs are included in your monthly payment plan, so you can pay over time
- Airport transfers are included, so we’ll be waiting, sign in hand
- Flights are booked with major airlines
- 24/7 support no matter what time zone you’re in
- One checked bag included on most flights
- Option to make changes to your trip up to 99 days before departure
Booking with a friend? Let us know and we’ll do our best to make sure you’re on the same flight. Still want to book your own flights? That’s cool, simply select ‘No flights included’ instead of your departure city in the ‘Flights from’ dropdown.
Day 1: Overnight Flight
Board your overnight flight, bound for Croatia. Just across the Adriatic from Italy, Croatia's variety of influences make it the best of all worlds—from Spanish-inspired fortresses to Eastern European dialects and Mediterranean cuisine. The country might have multiple influences, but it totally works. And with 1,246 islands and over 2,500 miles of coastline, there's only one proper way to see it all: by private boat. Ballin'!
Day 2: Arrive in Split
Welcome to Croatia! Today, you'll have some time to adjust, explore Split, the second-largest city in Croatia, and get to know your fellow shipmates before your cruise begins on Day 5. As you take in the old and new of Split this is your chance to get amped up for what’s to come. And your last chance to get some pool noodles…but for, you know, the sea. (Just don’t tell the pool noodle company.)
- Meet an EF representative at the airport.
- Transfer to your accommodation and check in.
- Receive the latest schedule from your Tour Director, which mostly consists of beaches and boats.
- Stroll through Split’s buzzing city center, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
In the evening, it’s time for our Welcome Mixer. Enjoy appetizers and drinks with fellow travelers at an authentic local spot. Afterwards, you’re free to take the party elsewhere!
Day 3: Arrive in Split + Optional Krka Waterfalls
Split has a little of something for everyone—and you'll see it all on a guided tour of the city. Because it was the under the rule of many empires, including Roman and Austro-Hungarian, the culture, architecture, and food speaks to the varying styles.
- Take a guided tour of Split, led by your Tour Director.
- Visit The Old Town, where things are so well-preserved, it's like you traveled back centuries.
- Spend the afternoon on your own, climbing Marajan Hill for a fantastic view of the city.
- Go to one of Split's many awesome beaches.
Free Time Suggestions
Picigin Please: Invented in Split (so they say), this is a fun game to play as you splash around in the water. How do you win? By preventing the ball from falling into the water by passing it to other players—and doing so in the most artistic way possible. And yes, there are actual referees who will give you points.
Strukli to me: A popular Croatian dish, made of dough and various types of filling. It's delicious and a must-try as you stroll through Split.
Krka Waterfalls(extra cost)
Close your eyes and picture the most beautiful place you can think of. Got it? Good. Krka National Park is about to blow that place out of the water. Speaking of water, the true highlight of this park is Skradinski buk waterfall, which is actually a series of cascading waterfalls that lead into a basin where you can take a dip and admire the falls from up close. Don’t feel like swimming? Explore the nearby trails instead! You’re in paradise, so make the most of it.
Day 4: Free Day in Split + Day Trip to Mostar
Spend your free day on an optional excursion to Bosnia and Herzegovina's most beautiful city. Or, enjoy your free day to enjoy Split's beautiful beaches. Your choice. There are no wrong answers.
- Lay on the somewhat rocky—yet still amazing—beach.
- Hit up some of the tasty eateries in Split.
- Take an optional excursion to Mostar and discover a blend of Ottoman and Turkish history.
- View the iconic Old Bridge, originally built in 1566, bombed in 1993, and rebuilt in 2004.
Mostar. More fun.(extra cost)
Check another country off your box and experience Mostar, one Bosnia and Herzegovina's most beautiful city. This off-the-beaten-path place is filled with Ottoman and Turkish history (and bullet holes from the Yugoslav wars of the 1990s.) Today though, it is a beautiful place to discover. With some of the coolest street art, the most iconic (and probably Instagrammable) bridge, and tastiest foods, Mostar is a must visit.
Why wait? Save money by booking this optional excursion before your trip departs.
Day 5: Explore Split + Makarska
The time has come. Make sure you have your sunscreen. Grab your arm floaties. And get ready to set sail. You're hitting the open waters today where sun, sandy(ish) beaches, and sljivovica await. Don't know what slijivovica is? Guess you'll have to wait and find out.
Fine, it's plum brandy, a Croatian specialty. Happy?
- Board your boat and catch sun on the deck, nap in your cabin, and meet the crew of your vessel.
- Grab a drink on the seaside promenade in Makarska, where you’ll dock for the night.
- Walk along Makarska’s picturesque villages perfect for your Day 3 Instagram. #Plandid.
Free Time Suggestions
Moshin' Makarska: All summer long, Makarska hosts concerts featuring well-known stars and local artists. Many are even free, and take place right outside in town squares.
Where art thou?: Split has inspired some splendid artists throughout the centuries. Check out the Meštrovic Gallery for 20th-century sculptures; Studio Naranca and the Jaman Gallery for locals' interpretation of their home.
Day 6: Cruise from Makarska to Mljet
Start your day with a morning swim in Peliješac. Afterwards, set sail to Mljet, home to the legendary Cave of Odysseus. If you run into a Cyclops, please don’t blind it. (He only has one eye after all.) Take a scenic stop at Mljet National Park for some quality time with Mother Nature. Tonight, you’ll dock at Placa/Pomena port and have time to explore in the evening.
- Dive into the blue waters on your way to Mljet.
- Explore Mljet's salt lakes and charming churches by bike or by foot.
- Discover the Mljet National Park and find hidden gems like Odysseus’ cave.
- Grab dinner in Pomena, a small fishing village with coffee shops, restaurants, bars, and of course, fish!t
Day 7: Cruise to Dubrovnik
Located on the Dalmatian Coast (yes, where all 101 of them originated from), Dubrovnik is one of Croatia's top vacation destinations and a UNESCO World Heritage Site. In just one look, you'll see why George Bernard Shaw described it as "Heaven on Earth". You'll also ask, "Who is George Bernard Shaw?" Don't worry about it. Just focus on the beautiful views ahead.
- Set sail from Mljet for a morning of relaxation and sunbathing on board.
- Get acquainted with Dubrovnik during a tour led by a local guide.
- Walk along the ancient city walls that protected an ancient civilization for unbeatable views and an actually enjoyable history lesson.
- Sip on Croatia’s finest wines, and describe them with phrases like “full-bodied” and “unctuous.”
Free Time Suggestions
Drink and know things: Game of Thrones tours run aplenty in Dubrovnik, whether self-guided or locally led. See where crews filmed King's Landing, the Purple Wedding, the House of the Undying, the walk of shame-shame-shame, and many more notable sights.
Catch a view: The Dubrovnik Cable Car will take you to the top of Srd Hill for breathtaking views of the city and country below. Pro tip: Save money by buying a one-way ticket from the operator, then take the leisurely, scenic hike back down.
Day 8: Sail from Dubrovnik to Šipan/Trstenik
Head to Šipan (shee-pan), a quaint island known for its olive groves, vineyards, and fig trees. Šipan will be like a fresh breath off the beaten path. Note: Depending on weather, you may dock in Slano instead. It's pretty similar to Šipan, so you'll have a great time either way.
- Dock in Šipan, where you will stay for the night.
- Enjoy some free time to take in the atmosphere as you visit a local tavern, winery, or whatever your heart (or taste buds) desires.
- Visit beautiful churches and towers while exploring the island or take a swim in the crystal clear water.
- Get to meet and greet the person who’s been driving you around at the Captain’s dinner—a three-course meal of deliciousness—with, you guessed it…the Captain of the ship.
Day 9: Cruise to Korcula
Today, you’re headed to Korcula (KOR-choo-la), a historic, fortified town with architecture spanning all the way back to the 13th century. Rich in vineyards, olive groves, small villages, and sandy beaches, this island is sure to steal your heart.
- Set sail for Korcula after breakfast.
- Climb over the ancient walls and fortified bastions to the old town, or just walk in.
- Geek over Gothic-Renaissance styled St. Mark’s Cathedral, the highest point on the peninsula.
- Eat dinner with a view at one of the many seafront restaurants and konobas.
Free Time Suggestions
Marco! Polo!: Korcula is rumored to be the birthplace of the legendary world traveler. Though not confirmed, you can visit what is believed to be his birth home. But please, keep your voice down. Shouting "Marco Polo" won’t make him appear.
Wine I Oughta: Two of Croatia's most popular wines are grown on this island: Grk (yup, it's spelled like that) and Posip. Pair either with fresh fish or muscles for the perfect Mediterranean meal.
Day 10: Cruise around Hvar Town
Hvar town is all the buzz in Croatia (and just, Europe in general), due to the epic nightlife, Renaissance-era architecture, theaters, restaurants, and endless other activities fit for paradise. It's big, it's loud, it's beautiful, and it's guaranteed to show you a good time. That's why it's your next stop.
- Lounge on the boat in the morning like the superstar you are.
- Dock in Hvar, Croatia’s premier party spot, and take a walk around the town with your Tour Director.
- Walk the marble streets and take in Gothic Palaces while taste testing the local wine and beer.
- Join the never-ending party that happens at night in Hvar town in true carpe diem style.
Free Time Suggestions
Hold the fort: The Hvar Fortress (Tvrdava Španjola) was built in 1579 and stands tall today. Climb to the top for an epic lookout—try your best to time it with the sunset.
Night living: When summer rolls around, Hvar comes alive like nowhere else. You'll have a plethora of palatable options for places to eat, drink, dance, catch live music, and visit art festivals—all after it gets dark.
Day 11: Cruise to Split
First stop for today: Brac Island. Swim at the most famous beach in Dalmatia—Zlatni Rat (Golden Horn) beach. The aptly named beach is shaped like…wait for it…a golden horn! And it’s turned this fisherman’s-village into a tourist-destination that’s the perfect place to relax and explore. After lunch, hop on board and cruise back to Split. Take advantage of the swim spots on the journey back and get in your last GoPro videos and clear-water pics.
- Weigh anchor in Brac (rhymes with “watch”); walk around the village and swim off the Golden Horn.
- Soak in the sun at one of the many beaches, hike for unbeatable views, or swim in a submarine pen. Yes, a submarine pen.
- Enjoy one last night on the boat and give a toast to the crystal clear waters and the never ending Croatian fun.
Free Time Suggestions
MTV Cribs: Diocletian’s Palace: Curious to see inside the humble abode of a Roman Emperor? Check out the ruins dating back to late 3rd and early 4th century that belonged to the man famed for changing the face of the empire, Diocletian.
Marjan Hill: Explore Marjan Park-Forest, a popular place to escape the city. Walk, run, bike, or climb to the top for a must see view of Split’s harbor and old city.
Share some last laughs (and maybe shed a few tears) at an included farewell dinner with the group.
Day 12: Fly Home
Translation: Goodbye, friends. Your next destination awaits—home. Before you head to the airport, enjoy your last few moments together. Take one more group photo. Grab that final drink. (Fine, maybe a couple of drinks.) But this isn’t goodbye. It’s “See you later.” The only question is, where?
EXTEND YOUR TRIP 2 WAYS
1. Double the fun
A lot of our trips line up back to back! Give us a call—we can help you add another and save big while you're at it.
2. Go ahead or stay behind
Extending your trip is easy! During checkout, you'll have the option to fly to (or from) the gateway of your choice for a $30 fee. We'll adjust your flights accordingly, but you'll be responsible to take care of your transportation, hotels, and other logistics outside of tour.
Note: Depending on your desired gateways, additional fees may apply.
No reviews (yet) for this awesome trip
Select a date to see prices